Decades of experience + state-of-the-art technology = thermoset molding excellence.
When we say we’re thermoset molding experts, we stand behind our claim. Since 1934, Van Norman Molding has been one of the leading producers of Phenolic and Thermoset composites like BMC, SMC and DMC plastic parts. We combine our deep experience with a total commitment to innovation to ensure our customers get the thermoset molded plastic parts their businesses demand. Large multi-cavity, high-quality thermoset parts are one of our unique core competencies.
We have thermoset plastic injection molding presses ranging from 100-400 tons, allowing us to manufacture a wide variety of thermoset plastic parts.
Our thermoset molding capabilities include:
- Thermoset injection molding
- Thermoset injection molding/ Thermoset compression molding
- Thermoset transfer molding
- Thermoset compression molding
At Van Norman, we’ve optimized the thermoset molding process. In order to reduce costs, shorten cycle times, increase part consistency and improve structural integrity, we carefully design molds and mold builds. In addition, we use state-of-the-art molding techniques, such as in-mold pressure and temperature sensing.
Molding a wide variety of thermoset materials.
Van Norman Molding specializes in thermoset molding of virtually every thermoset material, including:
- Bulk Molding Compound (BMC), also known as Dough Molding Compound (DMC)
- Thermoset Polyester molding
- Vinylester molding
- Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) molding
- Phenolic molding, also known as Bakelite molding
- DAP (diallyl phthalate)
Offering a wide variety of secondary processes.
At Van Norman, we offer the secondary finishing processes you require. These include:
- Automatic deflashing
- Post-molding heat treating, such as baking, annealing and normalizing
- Inserting and assembly
- Machining, including drilling and tapping
The right choice for a number of industries and applications.
Because of its high-heat resistance, dimensional stability, electrical insulation capabilities and high flexural strength, thermoset plastic parts are ideal for:
- Electric Motor Parts
- Small Engine Components
- Electrical Components
- Electric Power Transmission Parts
- Oil and Gas Down Hole Components
- Automotive Parts
- Appliance Parts
- Fuel Cell Components
- Commercial lighting components
- Oil and Gas Down Hole Composites
- And more